The Kingdom of Arrethtrae Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 18 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 am
Latest topics
» One last goodbye...
Bonanza EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:45 am by Kelcin

» I'm Back!!!
Bonanza EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 4:55 am by Sir Leinad

» General Discussion/Chit-Chat/Sit-a-Spell/Whatever it's called
Bonanza EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:21 am by Kelcin

» Prayer Requests!
Bonanza EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 pm by Sir Dalton

» Random Talk
Bonanza EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm by Gaberik

» Boys vs. Girls
Bonanza EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 am by Grace

» Riddles
Bonanza EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 pm by Sir Dalton

» Ace's new quiz!
Bonanza EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:18 am by Ace

» Things you like about...... SPRING!!!!!!
Bonanza EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:40 am by Gaberik

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 66 registered users
The newest registered user is celybiana

Our users have posted a total of 18343 messages in 368 subjects
Top posters
Lady Carliss (3975)
Bonanza Vote_lcapBonanza Voting_bar1Bonanza Vote_rcap1 
Josiah (3022)
Ace (1438)
Eirwyn (1175)
Daisy (970)
Takara (847)
Lady (803)
Gaberik (788)
Susan (765)
Lady Keanna (762)

Bonanza

5 posters

Go down

Bonanza Empty Bonanza

Post by Lady Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 am

What are your favorite episodes, characters, or anything else you want to discuss about Bonanza?
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Female Posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Bonanza Empty Re: Bonanza

Post by Lady Carliss Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 am

I've only seen a few of these... They're pretty good. (Except its been so long that I don't know any character names!)
Lady Carliss
Lady Carliss
Kingdom Fanatic
Kingdom Fanatic

Female Posts : 3975
Birthday : 1898-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

What were they about? I probably could tell you the name of the episode(s) and the characters in them.

Of course, the Cartwrights names in order from oldest to youngest is: Benjamin (Pa), Adam, Eric Hoss, Joseph Francis, Jamie Hunter (adopted son).
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by skilletfreak Thu May 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Lady Mareelana wrote:What were they about? I probably could tell you the name of the episode(s) and the characters in them.

Of course, the Cartwrights names in order from oldest to youngest is: Benjamin (Pa), Adam, Eric Hoss, Joseph Francis, Jamie Hunter (adopted son).
My Dad is A HUGE FAN!
skilletfreak
skilletfreak

Female Posts : 115

http://www.free forum:the Age chronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Fri May 20, 2011 1:18 pm

One of my favorites is:

Springtime (Season 3, Episode 2):
The Cartwright boys get into a fight and accidently injure Mr. Cartwright’s friend, Jedediah Milbank. Since he is supposedly "laid up" for a while, Mr. Cartwright highly suggests that the boys take care of any business Milbank needs to attend. Joe is sent to run off a squatter, Hoss is sent to buy some property, and Adam is sent to evict some people off his land. Little do they know an adventure waits just around the corner…
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilla Sat May 21, 2011 8:06 am

Wow....how did I miss this thread?!? This is one of my FAVORITE cowboy shows!! I also love Springtime, Mareelana! I thought that one was hilarious! I think Adam is my favorite character, but Hoss is a close second...I think they have pretty much all the episodes on youtube, though they have come out with the first season, and volume one of the second season, on DVD.
Camilla
Camilla
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Female Posts : 603
Birthday : 1914-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 am

Bonanza is my favorite too!!! To bad Adam was only in six seasons and Hoss wasn't in the last one, because he died (in the script and in real life)...

Correction...They have come out with only part of the first and part of the second season which you can get on DVD or free on Amazon - unless I am missing something new.

Which episodes are your favorite?

Which seasons were your favorite (I don't like the first two, because they have bad acting and bad scripts - I must admit there are some exceptions, but overall I think the first two seasons were not that great.)?

Last edited by Lady Mareelana on Sun May 22, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilla Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Really? I knew Adam left, but I didn't know they killed Hoss off...personally, in my opinion, I know they had more than one or two main characters, but the shows just aren't the same without all of them. Anyway...

Hm...I don't know that I have a favorite...I haven't watched them in awhile! I've been watching Big Valley (which is another favorite western). I don't know, any episode with Adam in it where he doesn't fall in love with girl! Razz

Well...I know they came out with Volume 1 and 2 of the first season...whether that is all of season one, I don't know, but we own both volumes. And they came out with Volume 1 of Season 2 in December, I think. I'm pretty sure it's the whole season, but you do have to buy it. Mom and Dad got it for us kids for Valentine's Day last year...
Camilla
Camilla
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Female Posts : 603
Birthday : 1914-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Sat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Camilla wrote:Really? I knew Adam left, but I didn't know they killed Hoss off...personally, in my opinion, I know they had more than one or two main characters, but the shows just aren't the same without all of them. Anyway...

Yes the actor for Adam wanted to move on, so they sent the character of Adam to Austrillia (So he could never come back if there were any difficulties with the family or any ranch trouble....). They needed another star since Adam was gone, so that's when ranch hand Candy Canaday steped in (and later teenage Jamie Hunter). Hoss wasn't in the last season (which only lasted 15 episodes). They tried to bring a new character, Griff King, into the show to sorta replace Hoss, but it never worked. No one could replace Hoss so eventually after 430 episodes, Bonanza came to an end.

Camilla wrote:Hm...I don't know that I have a favorite...I haven't watched them in awhile! I've been watching Big Valley (which is another favorite western). I don't know, any episode with Adam in it where he doesn't fall in love with girl! Razz

There are actually a lot of episodes that Adam doesn't fall in love with a girl. I could list them all, but that would take to long....

Camilla wrote:Well...I know they came out with Volume 1 and 2 of the first season...whether that is all of season one, I don't know, but we own both volumes. And they came out with Volume 1 of Season 2 in December, I think. I'm pretty sure it's the whole season, but you do have to buy it. Mom and Dad got it for us kids for Valentine's Day last year...

It could be true, but I have never seen a complete version of Seasons 1&2. Personally I don't like those seasons anyway...
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 pm

I hear this is a really good show but I have never really watched it. Is it good?
Susan
Susan
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Female Posts : 765

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Sun May 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah it's pretty good...there are quite a few that are not that great. One of the funniest Bonanza episodes is titled "A Knight to Remember". Here is a short summary of the episode:

In a Bonanza episode which mixes Medieval with Western, Adam is accused of attempting to rob the stagecoach. When Adam tells the sheriff how it really happened he is accused of being insane.

I looked it up online and noticed you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Crazy4Cartwrights#p/c/65BFDD2636277F15/0/6swz8vija4k
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon May 23, 2011 10:42 am

I want to watch it now.. It looks really good.
Susan
Susan
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Female Posts : 765

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am

Cool. Tell me what you think about it afterward... :-)
Lady
Kingdom Junkie
Kingdom Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum